How to publish your data
We have lots of resources available to support grantmakers to publish for the first time and to help existing publishers to update their grants data.
On this page, we have provided an overview of the stages of the 360Giving publishing process that need to take place before you can openly share grants data using the 360Giving Data Standard. You can find more detailed guidance in our Complete Guide to Publishing.
Things to consider ahead of publishing
How do you plan your process and the scope of your data?
- Decide what grant information to publish – the scope of the fields, what time period your data will cover and whether you will be sharing data about all of your grants.
- Check if there are any data protection and privacy considerations, and review your policies to ensure you can share your data responsibly.
How do you prepare your data?
- Fill in our Publisher Registration Form to let us know that you have decided to publish your grants data, and receive your 360Giving Publisher prefix.
- Decide what type of file to use when publishing your data and the method for preparing your grants with the correct data formatting.
- Check the prepared data is ready to be published using the 360Giving Data Quality Tool.
How do you publish your data?
- Make your 360Giving data available online by publishing the file on your website.
- Select an open data licence that gives users permission to use your data.
- Let 360Giving know about your published file so it can be added to the 360Giving Data Registry.
How do you update your data?
- Decide how frequently to make updates to your 360Giving data.
- Make a note of your publishing processes as a reminder for next time.
If you have read through our guidance and resources and still can’t find the information you need, or you have further questions, please email email@example.com or book a 1-1 Publisher Support call if you prefer to discuss your query.
Looking for something else?
Want to help us improve our publisher guidance?
If you have suggestions on how we can improve our publisher guidance, please fill in our brief Feedback Form.