Are you an experienced finance manager for non-profits? Do you care about charities being well run and managed?
We are looking for a Finance and Operations Manager to work with us one day a week, leading on all our finance and contracting work, and to act as Company Secretary.
This is a new role leading on 360Giving’s finance and operations work. It includes managing the appropriate financial and operational management of the organisation, ensuring that all the required systems and policies are in place. The successful candidate will manage the day to day finances and operations of 360Giving, act as Company Secretary, issue all contracts, prepare budgets and financial reports for funders and assist with other governance and operations tasks required in a small non-profit organisation.
Our office is in central London but we are flexible about where the successful candidate is based. Staff or consulting contracts will be considered depending on the experience of individual candidates and their preference.
Salary: £36,000-40,000 (pro rata and depending on experience).
1. Manage the finances of the organisation: Ensure all payments and reimbursements are processed and raised promptly; maintain all financial records, including petty cash and credit card expenditure records; act as the primary contact with the bank, HMRC and the pension provider; prepare monthly management accounts and cash flow reports for the CEO and quarterly financial reports for the Board of Directors; lead on the annual audit.
2. Manage the day to day operations of the organisation: Ensure that 360Giving’s day to day operations run smoothly, with regular reviews of risk register, asset register and contracting process; review all organisation policies on a regular basis, ensuring they are appropriate and in-line with UK legislation and best practice advice; ensure that the office is appropriately managed, including acting as the primary contact point with any insurers.
3. Act as Company Secretary: Undertake all duties of a Company Secretary in a timely and appropriate way; act as the primary contact point with Companies House and the Charity Commission, ensuring that all documentation is accurately submitted and regularly maintained.
4. Fundraising and contracting support: Prepare annual organisation and project budgets for inclusion in funding proposals and reports; support the day to day operations of 360Giving, assisting the CEO with recruitment of staff and contractors; prepare and issue all staff and consultancy contracts in consultation with the CEO.
- Detail-focused, organised, self-starter with 5+ years’ experience of financial management, preferably with a small not-for-profit or charitable organisation.
- Able to draft high quality financial and budget documents within a short timeframe
- Good command of working with finance packages and Microsoft Office.
- Experience of procuring, negotiating and contracting suppliers.
- Demonstrable experience of contracting and project management.
- Experience of preparing Board papers and reports for auditors.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages by midnight, Sunday 23rd April outlining: Why you’re suitable for the role, addressing the responsibilities and requirements listed in the job description, to email@example.com
Any enquiries about this position can be sent to the same email address. No phone calls please.
Eligible candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Download the full Job Description.