Are you interested in exploring the impact of open data? We’re looking for an experienced, dynamic Data Labs and Learning Manager to help take our work forward into its crucial next phase.
360Giving supports organisations to publish their grants data in an open, standardised way and helps people to understand and use the data to support decision-making and learning. We aim to inspire best practice in grantmaking and want to leverage open data to help us do this.
This is a new role in a small startup, leading our labs and learning work. It includes designing and managing the delivery of data use projects; overseeing the development of open data platforms and tools; launching a new Challenge Fund; collecting and sharing learning about data use; and supporting with communications and fundraising.
This is a full-time position initially for one year, based in central London. Regular UK travel is required.
£37,000-41,000 (depending on experience).
1. Design and manage the delivery of data use projects: Design and implement a series of regional and thematic pilots in 2017 and 2018. Raise awareness of the 360Giving dataset and identify different target users’ needs. Collect and showcase findings from all data use projects as part of 360Giving’s learning work.
2. Commission and oversee the development of open data platforms and tools: Support access and use of 360Giving data by different stakeholders, ensuring that different user needs are better understood and are being met. Collect and showcase findings from the different platforms and tools and ensure their ongoing maintenance, viability and use.
3. Launch and manage a Challenge Fund: Ensure that the project is well-managed and the deliverables are clear. Plan and participate in project outreach events and workshops, ensuring that 360Giving’s target audiences and key partners are engaged. Lead on all internal and external communications and learning for the project.
4. Support with communications: Lead on all communications for 360Giving’s labs and learning work. Participate in workshops and events aimed at 360Giving’s different target audiences.
5. Fundraising and operations support: Contribute to the development of the overall fundraising strategy, representing the organisation in meetings with existing and potential funders and leading on specific bids. Support with strategic and operational planning.
- Experience of commissioning and managing user-led tech and open data projects.
- Ability to build new networks and engage with advocacy targets and project partners and stakeholders.
- Experience of managing project partners, budgets, writing funding proposals and preparing communication and learning materials for external publication and use.
- Demonstrable experience of fundraising, contracting and project management.
- Interest in open data initiatives and civic technology and understanding of how they support access to information.
- Self-starter with confidence and ability to engage with stakeholders at different levels, give presentations, attend events and engage with the media.
- Interest in UK charitable giving sector, with willingness to establish own contacts and networks.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages by midnight, Wednesday 8th March outlining: Why you want to work at 360Giving and why you’re suitable for the role, addressing the responsibilities and requirements listed in the job description, to email@example.com
Any enquiries about this position can be sent to the same email address. No phone calls please.
Eligible candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Download the full Job Description.